Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Leaves


This lunchtime I did something different: I took some bits of scrap paper and a biro and went into the gardens. I found a bench in a quiet corner where I was undisturbed for 45 minutes. I went there yesterday too and though it had been raining, the bench was dry: bonus.

There were lots of different things to draw - plants, flowers, trees, leaves, insects, buildings. It was a bit of information overload, so I settled for drawing some leaves near my bench.

As I cross-hatched away, I heard some squawking and looked up: a hundred Black-headed Gulls were overhead, going after a hatch of flying ants.

1 comment:

Yoke, said...

These leaves on leaves turned out well, and perhaps something you might do again.

On another note:
I've nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award.
Just read this post on my blog:
http://birdingonwheels.blogspot.com/2009/08/kreativ-blogger-award.html